Monday 1 August 2011

...or walking into frightening splendour...


Oh little boutique...

...Oh little shop of wonders...

...Oh Collard Manson.



I have awed over this little treat that Nottinghams' Lace Market has offered for many a year to me, 4 in fact since i moved here and finally i belong.

I remember the first attempt to walk past the little fashion boutique however was pulled, and soon after the gawping expression on my face became apparent to my friends...I was not going to leave willingly. I walked in to find designers of bowing worthy, Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier (the most amazing umbrella with black laced pleats), to local and upcoming designers/artists such as Daisy Thomas and her beaded beauty accessories & Nicola Donovan an artist who envelopes herself in sculpture and figurative/conceptual clothing.

Clearly i was having a sweet ass time prowling through jewellery splayed on a vintage desk, leafing through art books, admiring vintage looking homeware, touching the weird pattern-cut clothes. So i did the only thing that could be done...bought a necklace and asked if there were any job vacancies. Not only were there no jobs, but a huge cv pile...

...i tried again the following month, then year...and the one after...

...then on one pretty average day in May this year i saw it...POSITION FOR SALES ASSISTANT AVAILABLE! I went straight to my flat, printed off a CV and was back within 20 minutes handing over my letter and babbling on about ridiculousness.

Now here i am! Surrounded by it all. The 'it' being glorious amounts of awesomeness that i get to stock and touch and arrange, then re-arrange. What's also amazing is that it's brought back my creativity.

I am now constantly inspired & it feels bloody brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment