Thursday 27 May 2010

...following the path of the missing puzzle....

The Labyrinth...
...The Maze...
...The Puzzle.

It has been brought to my attention that i adore losing my own thoughts
within my work.
Whether that be drawing, writing music or stories, i seem to possess the feeling i am
t
u
m
b
l
i
n
g

through too many ideas at once, or balancing on a thread of explosive
creativity at the time that i end up plummeting into darkness.
It is this darkness that i adore.

It is not lonely.
It is not about being trapped.
It is not about being afraid.


It is about relishing that ultimate silence.
Basking in a subdued format to collect yourself and most importantly THINK!

Mr.Reynolds has been so kind as to set me a project based on
"Futuristic Detectives"
Already i have a plan set up and about a gizillion ideas running about.
It has been so extreme that i have written 5 new songs (absoloutely non-related to the project - i just has to use up some creativity steam)
drafted rough sketches of mens and womenswear and started collecting research...
...bearing in mind, the deadline is the 1st of August.

I need to learn to balance the excitement so that it propels and sustains my work.
In the past i have overwhelmed myself with work due to sheer excitement. Although this is a challenge...it is also rather stupid! I am hoping this task, as well as the ones i have set myself beforehand for "Kimmy's Rose Garden" will help me prepare
for when i return to Trent.


"Flirting with lumberjacks" - Tin (http://www.taintedtin.com/home.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment