Sunday 31 July 2011

...and the ever foreboding...


Brooke Shaden.


Fine Art Photographer.
Young & extremely talented.


Born from an Amish country background and risen into creating new worlds of dramatic feminist agenda printed in breathtaking imagery.

What i love about her work is that she attempts to place herself into a world she wishes we could all live in, a kind of accidental self-portraiture, or one that we should be aware of. She captures our surroundings in a physical metaphor of what could possibly be.

Basically...right up my street...

...Fantasy. Other realm like. What my
heart dwells in.





"Within the space of a square frame, I try to build a world that is undeniably separate from
the one we live in. What fascinates me about any artistic medium is that it can pull the viewer out of a logical and common world, and place them within a space that is more alive. When I use a square frame, I hope that the viewer will forget that they are looking at a photograph and instead see an alternate reality, one that mixes painterly qualities with surrealism and fantasy."
- (from the artist herself)


No comments:

Post a Comment